My Passion

Rosalyn Davis via Compfightrubik's cubeCreative Commons License Neil Tackaberry via Compfight

My passion is Rubik’s cubes/ cubing. Some people may already know about this, but I am very competitive in cubing. I average 20 seconds on the 3x3x3 (as seen on the right) and do good in many other events. I have gone to many competitions in the past. If I ever see someone else using a Rubik’s cube, I always want to talk to them. In school, I like to believe that other people think that I’m super smart. All it really takes is time and effort to learn how to solve it. In school, I am always trying to do the best I can to be the best cuber there is.

There are many things why I think cubing is fun. At competitions, I like both the cubing and social aspect. I like the cubing aspect because when you get called up for your solve, you know you’ve been practicing a ton and you just have 5 solves to do the best you can. When you are ready to solve, it just makes you excited because you have other cubers (other people who can also solve the Rubik’s cube) around you and that just makes you want to do better. I like the social aspect because you can talk about things that non-cubers don’t know about. In my opinion, I have more fun when talking about the cube  with cubers than at school with non-cubers because I like talking about the things that I have learned in between my competitions such as pll (solving the entire cube), some oll(solving the second side,) and just talking about my averages and singles, (times that I have gotten in my past competitions.) These are just a few reasons why I think that cubing is my passion.Treasure chest

15 thoughts on “My Passion

1. I think it it is really cool that you cube! My mom got me one when I was 4 at the zoo, and I never solved it. Never. Maybe you could teach me?

1. I could teach you whenever you have time. My mom bought me one when I didn’t know how to solve one and I couldn’t put the cube down until I had it solved. It took a long time to learn the algorithms (sequences of moves to mess up the cube temporarily then put it in the next step.) Anyone can learn how to solve it if hey put the time and effort into it. Do you think you want to be as fast as me?

1. I have solved a 7x7x7 at a competition but I don’t own one, if you were to ask me which cube that I have would be the hardest, in my opinion, it would be the Moyu Wheel of Time, or the megaminx.

1. No, but the closest thing that has been a spectator sport is the worlds team cup, where they are divided in teams of 3 and face other teams of 3, the last one standing is the winner.

2. It wont let me reply so I will type here. Will you own a 7x7x7 soon? Also what is the Moyu Wheel of Time? What is the Megamix?

1. No, I probobly won’t get a 7×7, I have no interest in doing 7×7 as a event. A Moyu Wheel of Time is a 5×5 in a 3×3, a megaminx is basically 3 3×3’s all together.

3. Nice job on the blog, but I have a few questions. How did you get started with Rubik’s cubing in the first place? Also what are your other average times for the 2*2*2, the Mega Minx, and the Pyraminx.

1. I started cubing because my mom first bought me a cube from a random store. Averages
      2×2-5.63
      3×3-20.68
      Megaminx-DNF
      Pyraminx-9.47